The first problem international students will need to deal with is health insurance. After graduation, most school will not provide health insurance (also known as留学生 医疗保险) anymore. Regardless of the health insurance requirements that your school may have, be sure to remember that purchasing appropriate insurance is the only way to protect against unforeseen medical bills.
The second common problem is that you have to apply for h1b visa sooner or later after your graduation. Both issues are very complex. This article we will mainly focus on h1b visa.
Before going to apply h1b visa (h1b签证) and get your H1B visa Processed (also known as h1b签证流程), your company must have a h1b layer and pay for its fees (also known as h1b律师费). If your company does not an onsite lawyer for your case, the following link is a good h1b lawyer that you can consider of (h1b律师推荐).
A lawyer usually dealt with many similar cases before, so they know what to say in the application letter. it can drastically increase your chance to getting your visa approved and make your application process much easier. If you are in big city like New York, or LA, you will have ample amount of choice for you immigration lawyer, (also known as 纽约移民律师)
make sure you have these documents on-hand and ready to go:
- DS-160 Barcode Confirmation
- The letter of the appointment schedule
- Original H1B Visa approval notice (I-797 Form)
- The petition for nonimmigrant worker (I-129)
- H classification supplement to form I-129
- H-1B data collection and filing fee exemption supplement
- Labor condition application for H1B & H1B nonimmigrants
- H-1B Visa petition letter, which your employer provides for you
- Employment verification letter
- Pay stubs for at least last 3 months (if you were working on H1B)
- Monthly bank statements (last 3 months), Bank of America provides immigration letter